P: (615) 238-6303
F: (615) 687-6991
Andrea P. Perry concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate, commercial lending, general corporate, entertainment and tax-exempt organizations.
Andrea on… law, life and passion.
As a real estate attorney, Andrea regularly handles matters related to the conveyance, acquisition and development of commercial property, both new development and construction. Her experience includes representing clients in connection with the development and acquisition of condominiums, apartments, office buildings and other commercial properties. She also represents landlords and tenants, both public and private, in the negotiation of commercial leases for a wide variety of uses.
In addition, Andrea represents financial institutions and borrowers in loan transactions involving all types of collateral and projects. She also provides general advice to business clients from basic entity formation through all phases of their growth.
As an entertainment lawyer, Andrea provides legal services to assist artists with their endeavors in the entertainment industry. She works with clients in their endeavors to submit and place their material with professional entertainment, publishing and media industry recipients, including film, music and television projects.
Before joining Bone McAllester Norton, Andrea worked with the Nashville law firm of Miller & Martin.
A life-long resident of Tennessee, Andrea was born in Memphis, where she graduated from Central High School. Upon graduating magna cum laude from the University of Memphis, Andrea decided to go to law school to fulfill a dream she’d had since elementary school. “I participated as a defense lawyer in a mock trial in the third grade,” she explains. “My client was Johnny B. Good, and he had been accused of burglary. Armed with a plastic briefcase and the facts, I was determined to prove his innocence. The trial lasted less than an hour. The verdict: NOT GUILTY. I loved every moment of it, and at that moment, I knew I wanted to be a lawyer.”
Andrea says the best part of being a lawyer is working with her clients. “My clients entrust to me their secrets, their business and their money in hopes that I will help them in such a way that their lives will be better,” she says. “What a privilege and one that I take seriously.”
Andrea finds joy in and devotes a good deal of time to charitable and community service efforts directed toward the uplifting of children and young adults. She has been involved in CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) for a number of years. “CASA is a unique organization as it serves as the voice for abused or neglected children who often go unheard in an overcrowded court system. CASA volunteers ensure that these kids’ best interests are represented. As a result of the efforts of CASA, many of these children’s situations are improved as their time in court and within the foster care system is reduced significantly.”
Andrea’s favorite pastime is spending time with her family that includes her husband Phil, and two sons, Isaiah and Caleb. If it’s a Saturday afternoon, you can probably find Andrea at a soccer game, alternating between cheering on Isaiah and chasing after Caleb. “My boys (husband included) keep me young at heart and grounded. They are my daily reminder of what’s truly important in life.” When asked to name one of her proudest moments, she said, “having completed the American Stroke Association’s Disney Marathon (yes, 26.2 miles) with her husband, Phil, in honor of her mother, a stroke survivor.
- • Rotary Club of Nashville
- • CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates): Board of Directors; Past Co-Chair, Red Shoe Party
- • Youth Life Learning Center: Board of Directors
- • Napier-Looby Bar Foundation: Chair of Annual Banquet Committee
- • Drs. Joseph and Stephanie Walker Foundation: Board of Directors, Vice President
- Real Estate Law
- Entertainment Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business and Corporate Law
- Non-Profits and Tax Exempt Entities
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2000
- Co-Founder and Associate Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment Law & Practice
- "Changing the Rules: Why the Current Actual Knowledge Sexual Harassment Standard Does Not Make the Cut In Athletics," 1 Vand. J. Entertainment Law & Practice (1999).
- University of Memphis, B.A., magna cum laude, 1996
- Tennessee, 2000
- Best of the Bar, Nashville Business Journal, 2013, 2009
- "40 Under 40," Nashville Business Journal, 2013
- Athena Young Professional Award, 2012
- Nashville's 25 Most Beautiful People, Nashville Lifestyles, 2012
- Outstanding Service Award, Napier-Looby Bar Association, 2011
- Super Lawyers, 2013
- Lawyers Association
- Lawyers' Association for Women
- Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, Mentoring Committee
- Past Co-Chair, Programs Committee
- Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Executive Board
- Past President
- Tennessee Alliance for Black Lawyers
- Board of Delegates
- Chair, TABL Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Immediate Past President
- Nashville Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Minorities Opportunities Commission
- Co-Chair, High School Summer Intern Program
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law ("TBALL") Class of 2008
- CLE Committee
- American Bar Association