P: (615) 238-6322
F: (615) 687-2205
Tucker Herndon concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial lending and creditors’ rights, loan documentation, foreclosures, real estate transactions, alcoholic beverage licensing and regulatory compliance. He also focuses on ABC licenses and beer permits and general business law, including formation and governance for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
Tucker on… law, life and passion.
Tucker represents financial institutions and borrowers in loan transactions involving all forms of collateral and in all aspects of the litigation process, including collections. He has been involved in numerous business negotiations for individuals and corporate clients.
As part of his alcoholic beverage practice, Tucker represents restaurants, retail package stores, pharmacies, convenience stores, hotels, bars, clubs and venues statewide on a variety of issues related to Tennessee liquor laws. Clients range from small, chef-owned restaurants and locally owned stores to publicly traded corporations.
Tucker regularly offers his legal services and expertise pro bono to clients through the Nashville Pro Bono Program. He also works on behalf of elderly and low-income individuals and families, many of whom were affected by the flood of recent foreclosures. Working with local and national banks on mortgage workouts and foreclosures, Tucker has helped many families to save their homes.
Tucker was born and raised in the small town of Ripley, Tennessee. Surrounded by bankers and lawyers for most of his life, Tucker knew that the legal profession would allow him the opportunity to work closely with his father, a community banker.
Although he is an Ole Miss graduate, Tucker is a die-hard University of Alabama fan, a tradition passed down from his grandfather, Joe H. Walker, Jr. An avid traveler having visited five of the seven continents, Tucker enjoys traveling with his wife, Jessica, and their sons, Morgan and Johnny, especially to watch the Titans and Crimson Tide play.
- • What Every Lender Needs to Know, Capital Bank, N.A., February 2011
- • The Essentials of Foreclosure Defense, Law Review CLE, September 2011
- • Contractor’s Liens, Insouth Bank, February 2012
- • Basic Enforcement of Loan Documents, Capstar Bank, April 2012
- Alcoholic Beverage Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business and Corporate Law
- Commercial Lending and Creditors’ Rights
- Real Estate Law
- Nashville School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Mississippi, Banking and Finance, B.S., 2004
- Tennessee, 2008
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Nashville Post's Law Leaders Rising
- NashvilleTop 30 Under 30
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Young Leaders Council: Member Class #57, Fall 2011
- Tennessee Wildlife Resource Foundation Board Member
- Williamson County Chamber of Commerce Member