P: (615) 238-6394
F: (615) 687-5597
Charles Robert Bone concentrates his law practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and advising emerging businesses, entrepreneurs, offices and directors and governmental entities, including serving as general counsel for the Convention Center Authority of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County. He has also represented clients in various complex litigation matters in both state and federal courts across Tennessee.
Charles Robert on… law, life and passion.
Representative transactions include multiple private placements/exempt offerings (debt and equity) and multiple sales of closely held companies to public companies, including representing the Smoky Mountain Property Management Group, consisting of a collection of companies and brands, in their sale to Wyndham Vacation Rentals.
Representative litigation matters include the successful trial involving an infant child who suffered traumatic brain injuries at birth and the successful resolution of various partnership disputes. Further, he has successfully represented a variety of individual clients, including participating in obtaining a $1.55 million jury award on behalf of parents who had been prevented by the Medical Examiner’s Office from saying goodbye to their 18-month-old deceased son or identifying his body.
Charles Robert says the best part about being a lawyer is helping people solve what seem like insurmountable problems or helping business owners implement their vision. He serves as treasurer of Bone McAllester Norton and on the firm’s board of directors.
In addition to his law practice, Charles Robert has been instrumental in developing several Tennessee-based companies as an entrepreneur, investor and board member, including as a founder of Phoenix Boats (Winchester, Tennessee). He also serves as a partner in and on the investment committee for the Tennessee Angel Fund, a statewide co-investment fund. He has also been active in Democratic political campaigns since 1990 and has participated in various campaign efforts, including serving as the Finance Chairman for United States Congressman Harold Ford, Jr.’s 2006 campaign for the United States Senate and on President Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 National Finance Committees, including raising more than $500,000 for the President’s re-election campaign.
A Middle Tennessee native and seventh-generation Tennessean, Charles Robert is active in community leadership, chairing and serving on several non-profit boards through the years. He resides in Nashville with his wife, Sacha, and four children, Margaret, Anne Carlen, Simmons and Henry. In his free time, Charles Robert enjoys chasing his kids, sports, politics, reading and running, including completing multiple marathons and half-marathons.
- • Entrepreneur’s Organization: Member
- • Sumner County Adult Education Advisory Council: Chairman
- • Center for Non-Profit Management: Board Member, Executive Committee Member
- • Best Buddies: Board Member
- • Tennessee Governor’s Prayer Breakfast: Citizen’s Committee Member
- • Oak Hill School Annual Fund: Chair, 2013-2014
- • March of Dimes March for Babies Walk: Chair
- • Family & Children’s Services Winter Lights: Honorary Co-Chair, 2014
- Administrative Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business and Corporate Law
- Entrepreneurial and Emerging Business Law
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury Law Real Estate Law
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2000
- Rhodes College, B.A., 1996
- Tennessee, 2001
- Best Lawyers, 2014
- Best of the Bar, 2014, Nashville Business Journal
- Top 10 Influences for Tennessee, Campaigns & Elections, 2012
- In Charge list, Nashville Post, 2010-2011
- Thirty Under 30, Business Nashville
- Top 40 Under 40, Tennessean
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2013
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association