P: (615) 238-6394
F: (615) 687-5597
Charles Robert Bone concentrates his practice in the areas of transactions, corporate governance and advising governmental entities, officers and directors, small businesses and entrepreneurs. He also practices complex litigation, commercial litigation and personal injury litigation including medical malpractice. He has represented clients in various matters in both state and federal courts across Tennessee.
Charles Robert on… law, life and passion.
Representative cases include the successful trial involving an infant child who suffered traumatic brain injuries at birth and the successful resolution of various partnership disputes. Further, he has successfully represented a variety of personal injury clients, including participating in obtaining a $1.55 million jury award on behalf of parents who had been prevented by the Medical Examiner’s Office from saying goodbye to their 18-month-old deceased son or identifying his body.
Representative transactions include representing the Smoky Mountain Property Management Group, consisting of a collection of companies and brands that include Legacy Mountain Resort, Majestic Mountain Vacations, Sherwood Forest Resort, Sugar Maple Cabins, The Preserve Resort and Gatlinburg Cabins Online, in their sale to Wyndham Vacation Rentals (NYSE: WYN).
Charles Robert says the best part about being a lawyer is helping people solve what seem like insurmountable problems or helping business owners implement their vision.
In addition to his law practice, Charles Robert has been instrumental in developing several Tennessee-based companies as an investor and board member. He has also been active in Democratic political campaigns since 1990 and has participated in various campaign efforts, including serving as the Finance Chairman for United States Congressman Harold Ford, Jr.’s 2006 campaign for the United States Senate and on President Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 National Finance Committees, including raising more than $50,000 for the President’s re-election campaign.
Charles Robert resides in Nashville with his wife, Sacha, and four children, Margaret, Anne Carlen, Simmons and Henry. In his free time, Charles Robert enjoys chasing his kids, sports, politics, running and reading.
- • Best Buddies: Board Member
- • Entrepreneur’s Organization: Member
- • Sumner County Adult Education Advisory Council: Chairman
- • Center for Non-Profit Management: Board Member
- Administrative Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business and Corporate Law
- Entrepreneurial and Emerging Business Law
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury Law
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2000
- Rhodes College, B.A., 1996
- Tennessee, 2001
- Best Lawyers, 2014
- Top 10 Influences for Tennessee, Campaigns & Elections, 2012
- In Charge list, 2010-2011, Nashville Post
- Thirty Under 30, Business Nashville
- Top 40 Under 40, Tennessean
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2013
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association