P: (615) 238-6323
F: (615) 687-2209
Jack F. Stringham II concentrates his practice in commercial loan transactions, real estate, banking regulation, venture capital and private financings and general business matters for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. He has represented both financial institutions and borrowers in commercial loan financings.
Jack on… law, life and passion.
After graduating from Vanderbilt University in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree, Jack served in the U.S. Army in Korea as a First Lieutenant. Afterward, he returned to Vanderbilt, earning his Juris Doctor in 1974. For 15 years, Jack worked with First American Corporation, serving as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for both the holding company and its statewide banking subsidiary, First American National Bank. In addition to having responsibility for the corporation’s legal functions, Jack was responsible for insurance, risk management and compliance. While at First American, Jack served as a Director of Financial Institutions Reserve, Ltd., a captive directors’ and officers’ insurance company for 17 bank holding companies. He also served as a delegate to the White House Conference on Small Business. Additionally, he has served as General Counsel and Secretary of the Frist Center for the Visual Arts since its inception. He has worked with all phases of the Frist Center, including acquisition of the real property, negotiating exhibition agreements, and assisting in the accreditation process.
Recognized as a community leader in Nashville, Jack has been active in the Boy Scouts of America since his days as a Cub Scout, and he served at the troop level for 17 years. He also serves as a member of the Executive Board of the Middle Tennessee Council. He has been to the National Jamboree as a troop leader for the Council and chaired the Council Committee on Venturing and has received the Silver Beaver in Boy Scouting, the highest award for volunteers at the Council level. Jack says he enjoys being a part of the Boy Scouts because, “I have seen the difference it can make in the lives of young men. It emphasizes integrity, duty to God and country and service to others.”
Jack’s life centers around his family and church. He and his wife, Anne, have a daughter, Ramsey and a son, John, who is a doctor in Denver, Colo. Meanwhile, he says being active in his church, the First Presbyterian Church of Nashville, just comes naturally. He has been a member there for more than 45 years and has served as both a deacon and an elder. He has been on several mission trips, including destinations such as Mexico and Kenya.
- • Boy Scouts of America Middle Tennessee Council: Executive Board
- • Nashville Area Junior Chamber of Commerce: 1980 Member of the Year; Past Chairman of the Clinic Bowl
- • Nashville: Class of 1991
- • Frist Center for the Visual Arts: General Counsel and Secretary of the Board
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1974
- Jessup Cup Competition Director
- Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1968
- Tennessee, 1974
- Selected as a "Top Rated Lawyer in Banking & Finance Law," 2013, The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel
- Best Lawyers in America
- AV© Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Nashville Bar Association: Former Chairman of Corporate Counsel Section
- Tennessee Bar Association: Former Chairman of Corporation and Business Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation: Fellow