P: (615) 238-6300
F: (615) 687-6994
John P. Branham is a civil trial lawyer whose practice focuses on business litigation and plaintiff’s personal injury litigation. In the past, his trial practice included significant insurance defense representation and legal malpractice defense. Before joining Bone McAllester Norton, he was a founding partner of the Nashville firm of Branham & Day. He has conducted numerous CLE programs, including for the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Nashville School of Law, the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, PESI and the National Business Institute.
John says he chose his practice area because he thought that going to court was what lawyers did. “If I had known that you could really make a living doing an office or transactional practice, I might not have been inclined to take on the stress of trial work,” he says. Still, the stress paid off, as today John is one of Nashville’s most well-respected trial lawyers. Despite his success and vast experience, John says he still gets “stage fright” every time he enters a courtroom for a contested hearing. “Each case or motion is the most important ever, and the fear of not doing a good job is palpable,” he says.
On a personal level, John has four children, eight grandchildren and two large dogs. When he’s not at the office, he’s probably at his farm located south of Nashville in Bell Buckle.
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D., 1968
- Middle Tennessee State University, B.A., 1966
- Tennessee, 1968
- Nashville Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year,” Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- AV© Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 150 Best Lawyers, 2009 and 2010, BusinessTN Magazine
- In Charge list, 2010,Nashville Post
- Best Lawyers, more than 20 years
- Best of the Bar, 2007 and 2008, Nashville Business Journal
- Best Lawyers in Nashville,Nashville Post
- Super Lawyers, 2013
- Nashville Bar Association: Former Director
- Nashville Bar Foundation: Fellow
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court: Charter Master
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow