P: (615) 238-6320
F: (615) 687-2207
Sam J. “Mac” McAllester III primarily represents financial institutions and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial lending, commercial loan documentation, commercial real estate, secured transactions, commercial paper, the issuance of title insurance policies, bankruptcy, financial consultations, creditors’ rights, collections and foreclosures. For more than 40 years, Mac has represented creditors and other interested parties in bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Sam on… law, life and passion.
Earlier in his career, Mac served as Staff Attorney for the Tennessee Department of Labor and Chapter 7 Interim Trustee, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Tennessee. Also, for 17 years, Mac served as a member of the Panel of Trustees, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Tennessee.
A well-known legal authority in his areas of practice, Mac has been the guest speaker at numerous seminars on commercial lending, real estate, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights for the Tennessee Bar Association and other professional groups and organizations.
Mac is third in a line of lawyers from Chattanooga, Tennessee. His father and grandfather were both lawyers, and his grandfather was at one time a Bankruptcy Referee in Chattanooga. Today, Mac resides in Brentwood with his wife, Renee. Together, they have four children, Andrew, Molly, Phillip and Stephanie, and five grandchildren, Jack, Rhett, Clay, Beau and Sydney. Fortunately, all of the children and grandchildren live in the Williamson County area and are a great part of Mac’s life. Mac and Renee also have a residence in South Florida, where Mac enjoys the beach, boating, traveling to the Caribbean, blue saltwater and music from Margaritaville. During the fall, University of Tennessee football occupies a large portion of Mac’s free time. He also finds time to enjoy the Tennessee Titans and the many seasonal sports and school activities in which his grandchildren are involved.
• Nashville Area Habitat for Humanity: Advisory Board of Directors and Member of Finance Committee, 2012 – Present
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 1970
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1969
- Tennessee, 1971
- AV© Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers
- Best of the Bar, Bankruptcy Law, Nashville Business Journal
- Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009-2013
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow, Board of Regents and Tennessee State Chair
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow