P: (615) 238-6306
F: (615) 687-2761
Sharon O. “Sheri” Jacobs concentrates her practice in the areas of Environmental Law and Administrative Law. Sheri has administrative, environmental law, environmental litigation experience at the federal, state and local levels, as well as with administrative agencies. This experience includes matters associated with sustainability, solid and hazardous waste, Brownfield redevelopment, underground storage tanks, water pollution, environmental citizen suits, Superfund remediation projects, endangered species, stream mitigation projects and air pollution control.
Sheri works closely with companies and local governments on compliance, sustainability and all facets of environmental law to ensure clients can focus on their business and not be caught in protracted environmental litigation. When litigation becomes necessary, Sheri’s expertise from having successfully defended numerous businesses and local governments before administrative boards and in state and federal court ensures the clients’ interests are always well represented.
Sheri co-authored West Publishing’s Medical Waste Handbook, 1999 and 2000 editions. In addition, she has presented seminars on environmental topics for the Tennessee Bar Association and for various business organizations.
Before joining the firm, Sheri served as an Assistant Attorney General for the Tennessee Attorney General and Reporter, Environmental Division. She also served as Assistant General Counsel for the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation.
Sheri is originally from Jefferson City, Missouri. She and her husband, David, have two children. She enjoys traveling, hiking and visiting national parks with her family.
- • Gilda’s Club of Nashville: Board of Directors, Member
- • Tennessee Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Board: Member, 2009-2012
- • American Cancer Society: Volunteer
- • Akiva School: Board of Directors, President, 2001–2003
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Georgia, B.A., 1984
- Tennessee, 1991
- Tennessee Supreme Court, 1991
- Missouri, 1992
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 1992
- United States Supreme Court, 1998
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2008
- AV© Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 150 Best Lawyers, BusinessTN Magazine, 2008–2011
- Best of the Bar, Nashville Business Journal
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2013
- Nashville Bar Association: Environmental Law Committee
- Tennessee Bar Association: Environmental Law Section
- Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Railway Development Association: Law Committee