P: (615) 238-6350
F: (615) 687-2204
Stacey A. Garrett is a founding member of Bone McAllester Norton PLLC and chair of the firm’s Board of Directors. She concentrates her law practice in the areas of higher education, corporate transactions, healthcare and government affairs. Stacey is also the Vice President of Online and Professional Studies at Cumberland University.
Stacey on… law, life and passion.
Stacey represents several institutions of higher education. She also serves numerous clients in various corporate transactions. In the area of healthcare, Stacey represents physicians, medical practice groups and other healthcare entities and counsels clients in matters concerning contracts, fraud and abuse and compliance issues relating to carriers and intermediaries.
In 2003, former Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen appointed Stacey to serve as a Commissioner on the Tennessee Human Rights Commission through 2009. In 2009, he reappointed Stacey to serve on the commission through 2015, where she currently serves as the chair. Bredesen also designated her to serve on a Judicial Redistricting Study Committee and the Committee to Study the Administration of the Death Penalty.
Stacey was formerly Deputy Chief of Staff for Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. of Memphis. She served as Associate General Counsel for Background America, Inc. and AMICUS Staffing Inc. and as Director of Legal Affairs for Corrections Partners, Inc.
As a founding member of Bone McAllester Norton, Stacey believes the law firm is one of her most personally satisfying accomplishments and says she is driven by her law partners and the firm’s staff who truly embody the firm’s motto, Law. Life. Passion. She believes that the energy of the firm’s attorneys and staff is the reason the firm forges extraordinary client relationships.
Stacey believes deeply in community investment through charitable and civic activities. She began her commitment to community service at the age of 14, volunteering in a nursing home. There she learned the value of service to others and continues to participate in charitable activities throughout the state.
Stacey is a native Nashvillian and loves all things Southern. She is an avid runner and is well on her way to completing her goal of running a half-marathon in all 50 states. She also loves to play the guitar and read; Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring is a favorite in her collection. She finds each morning’s sunrise her greatest inspiration and never misses the opportunity to watch the sun rise each day. Even though she says she’s afraid of heights, Stacey has rappelled down the side of a 27-story office building to benefit the Special Olympics of Tennessee. Twice.
- • YWCA: Board Member
- • Special Olympics of Tennessee: Board Member
- • Tennessee Human Rights Commission: Chair of the Board
- • Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau: Former ex officio Board Member and Lead Counsel
- • Abe’s Garden: Board Member
- • The Links, Inc.: Member
- • Make-A-Wish of Middle Tennessee: Former Board Member and Wish Committee Member
- • Metropolitan Nashville Board of Zoning Appeals: Former Board Member
- • Tennessee Judicial Redistricting Study Committee
- • Tennessee Committee to Study the Administration of the Death Penalty
- Healthcare Law
- Administrative Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Environmental Law
- Entrepreneurial and Emerging Business Law
- Non-Profits and Tax Exempt Entities
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1993
- Duke University, B.A., 1990
- Tennessee, 1993
- Leadership Tennessee Inaugural Class, 2013
- Most Powerful Women, Nashville Post, 2013
- InCharge, Nashville Post, 2013
- Napier Lobby Trailblazer Award, 2013
- Leadership Nashville: Class of 2012
- YWCA Academy for Women of Achievement Honoree, 2012
- Women’s Center at Tennessee State University: “Woman of Legion and Merit,” 2012
- ATHENA Nominee, 2011 and 2013
- Women of Influence, Entrepreneur, Nashville Business Journal, 2007
- Best of the Bar - Immigration Law, Nashville Business Journal, 2003, 2004 and 2006
- Nashville Leadership Program, Partnership Institute, 2003-2004
- Top 40 Under 40, Tennessean, 2003
- Nashville Bar Association: Board of Directors, 2007-2010
- Tennessee Bar Association