Allison (Cardwell) Finkelmeyer focuses her practice on corporate and real estate transactional and securities matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private offerings, financing, business formation, real estate development and leasing, and general corporate matters. Allison has extensive experience drafting and negotiating contracts for a wide range of transactions, advising start-up companies, and representing health care companies with mergers and acquisitions.
Allison started her legal career in Atlanta as an associate with Troutman Sanders LLP, where she worked on numerous corporate, real estate and securities transactions. Since relocating to Nashville in 2009, Allison has served as in-house legal counsel for Nissan North America, Inc. and The Mainland Companies, LLC, a Nashville-based commercial real estate developer.
Returning to private practice after being in-house for several years provides Allison with a unique perspective to her law practice because she knows what it’s like to be “the client.”
Representative transactions include:
- Represented principals in $55 million acquisition of portfolio of 9 apartment complexes. Served as issuer’s counsel in $14 million private placement of membership interests.
- Represented beer distributorship in $40 million asset sale transaction.
- Represented The Home Depot in numerous asset and stock acquisition transactions.
- Represented Cousins Properties in the structuring and formation of numerous joint ventures, partnerships and limited liability companies in connection with various real estate development and tax restructuring transactions.
- Represented privately held healthcare companies and clinics in merger and acquisition transactions.
Professional Recognition and Activities
Nashville Bar Association
Allison is proud to support her community by volunteering with Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee, her local Parent Teacher Organization and her church.
Allison’s favorite pastime is spending time with her husband, two young children and new puppy. Allison enjoys running, playing tennis, shopping, baking and crafting with her kids.