Knight focuses his legal practice in business and corporate law, banking and financial services, commercial lending and creditors’ rights, entrepreneurial and emerging business law, and real estate.
Knight brings a versatile skill set that includes prior experience as a CPA, as well as experience in the banking industry where he spent significant time in profitability modeling, portfolio risk management and credit analysis and management. Having both his MBA and JD degrees, Knight excels in evaluating, planning and implementing the important details of a project while remaining cognizant of the overall objectives.
Business and Corporate Law
- Drafts all manner of contracts necessary to operate a successful business, such as operation agreements, service agreements, license agreements, terms and conditions, and employment agreements.
Banking and Financial Services
- Assists clients in transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, stock and debt issuances and investments, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
Commercial Lending and Creditors’ Rights
- Experience with various matters arising in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
Entrepreneurial and Emerging Business Law
- Assisting clients in forming or unwinding businesses, practices and management relationships, and resolving a variety of operation issues.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
Knight currently serves as the vice president of his homeowners association.
Knight is an avid runner and enjoys cooking, reading, and exercising on a daily basis.