Jack F. Stringham II concentrates his practice in commercial loan transactions, real estate, banking regulation, venture capital and private financings and general business matters for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. He has represented both financial institutions and borrowers in commercial loan financings.
For 15 years, Jack worked with First American Corporation, serving as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for both the holding company and its statewide banking subsidiary, First American National Bank. In addition to having responsibility for the corporation’s legal functions, Jack was responsible for insurance, risk management and compliance. While at First American, Jack served as a Director of Financial Institutions Reserve, Ltd., a captive directors’ and officers’ insurance company for 17 bank holding companies. He also served as a delegate to the White House Conference on Small Business. Additionally, he has served as General Counsel and Secretary of the Frist Center for the Visual Arts since its inception. He has worked with all phases of the Frist Center, including acquisition of the real property, negotiating exhibition agreements, and assisting in the accreditation process.
- Represented a borrower in a $8 million non-recourse refinancing of a hotel
- Represented a lender in a $10 million hotel construction loan
- Represented a lender in a multi-phase land development loan
- Represented a borrower in acquisition financing of a $9 million hotel
- Represented a lender in an inventory and accounts receivable line of credit financing
- Represented a borrower in land development loan for $4.8 million
- Represented a borrower in a term loan of $4 million secured by all assets of the borrower
- Represented a seller of an apartment complex for $43 million
- Represented a non-profit corporation in a long term lease
- Represented a developer in the land acquisition, financing, construction, development and sale of a condominium
- Represented a seller in the $6.8 million sale of a commercial office building
- Represented a purchaser of a promissory note and subsequent foreclosure and purchase of a $36 million subdivision project
- Represented a seller in the sale of a multi-family subsidized apartment complex
- Represented seller in the sale of hotel for $2.8 million
- Represented a non-profit corporation in the redevelopment of historic building
- Represented an educational institution in the $11 million sale of real property
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Selected as a "Top Rated Lawyer in Banking & Finance Law," 2013, The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- AV© Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Nashville Bar Association: Former Chairman of Corporate Counsel Section
- Tennessee Bar Association: Former Chairman of Corporation and Business Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation: Fellow
Recognized as a community leader in Nashville, Jack has been active in the Boy Scouts of America since his youth attaining the rank of Eagle Scout. He served as a troop leader for over 17 years and is currently serving as a member of the Executive Board of the Middle Tennessee Council. He has been to the National Jamboree as a troop leader for the Council and chaired the Council Committee on Venturing. He also received the Silver Beaver in Boy Scouting, the highest award for volunteers at the Council level. Jack says he enjoys being a part of the Boy Scouts because, “I have seen the difference it can make in the lives of young men. Scouting emphasizes integrity, duty to God and country and service to others.”
- Boy Scouts of America Middle Tennessee Council: Executive Board
- Nashville Area Junior Chamber of Commerce: 1980 Member of the Year; Past Chairman of the Clinic Bowl
- Leadership Nashville: Class of 1991
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts: General Counsel and Secretary of the Board
Jack has spoken on various banking and real estate topics for organizations such as the Tennessee Bar Association and the American Institute of Banking. Jack also served on the faculty of Nashville State Technical Institute.
Jack’s life centers around his family and church. He and his wife, Anne, have a daughter, Ramsey, who works for Saddle Up!, and a son, John, who is a surgeon in Salt Lake City, Utah and four awesome grandchildren. Jack is active in his church, the First Presbyterian Church of Nashville, where he has been a member for over 50 years and has served as both a deacon and an elder. He has been on several mission trips including trips to Mexico, Kenya and Cuba. After graduating from Vanderbilt University in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree, Jack served in the U.S. Army in Korea as a First Lieutenant.