Jack concentrates his practice on banks, businesses, and individuals in the areas of commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, litigation and dispute resolution.
Upon graduating law school, Jack clerked at the Federal Bankruptcy Court Middle District (AL) for the Hon. William R. Sawyer. Jack previously served as an intern in the civil rights and claims division of the Tennessee State Attorney General’s Office.
Commercial Lending and Creditors’ Rights
- Experience with determinations of bankruptcy court adjudicatory authority and its intersection with Article III judicial authority.
- Provide insights on effect of income contingent repayment plans on student loan dischargeability.
- Experience with various matters arising in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented secured lender seeking relief from automatic stay.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Assist in discovery dispute where opposing counsel refused to produce relevant information.
- Assisted clients in early termination of lease agreement.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Jack is a fan of both college and professional football and basketball. He is an avid runner. In his spare time, he enjoys staying up on current affairs and reading histories and fiction. On an average Saturday, you can find him out running on the Greenbelt, grabbing a bite at one of his favorite local restaurants, and cheering on (or suffering with) his Ole Miss Rebels.