Loren E. Mulraine serves as Of Counsel at Bone McAllester Norton, where he focuses his practice on entertainment law, intellectual property, and business and corporate law. His clients have included Grammy, Dove, and Stellar award winners, gold, platinum and multi-platinum selling artists, producers and songwriters, entrepreneurs, filmmakers, and management companies. He is also a professor at Belmont University College of Law, where he teaches courses in Copyright Law, Entertainment Law, Media Law and Intellectual Property Law.
Loren chose law as a career after starting his professional life as an on-air radio personality. He says, “I really enjoyed being on the air, but I realized that the real business of broadcasting was done behind the scenes, and I wanted to be involved in making the deals.” His legal career began as a government contracts attorney with the Federal Aviation Administration in Washington, D.C.
Music City finally drew him in though and he relocated to Nashville to practice entertainment law. Loren says, “I love being able to merge my understanding of the creative elements of the entertainment and media industries with my legal and business skills to protect my clients’ intellectual property, build their business enterprises and advocate for social justice.”
Prior to joining the faculty at Belmont, Loren taught for 14 years as a fulltime professor and chair of the Department of Recording Industry at Middle Tennessee State University. He served two non-consecutive terms as the interim Associate Dean of the College of Mass Communication.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Journalism and Mass Communications Leadership Institute in Diversity—JLID, Class of 2009
- Scripps Howard Academic Leadership Academy, 2008
- Leadership Middle Tennessee, Class of 2007
- Leadership Music, Class of 2003
- Young Leaders Council for Nashville and Davidson County, 2002
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute for Intellectual Property and Social Justice
- Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association
- The Recording Academy, Grammy-voting member
- Gospel Music Association
- Gospel Music Association Foundation, Board of Directors
- International Black Film Festival of Nashville, Board of Directors
An independent gospel artist, worship leader and songwriter, Loren combines artistry and ministry in a way that crosses genre and age boundaries, appealing to audiences across the board. He has released four solo recordings, multiple group projects and session work, including the Grammy Award-winning Tribute: The Songs of Andrae Church. His latest solo recording, Fall on Me, was released in 2010.
When he is not practicing law, teaching a class, or writing a song, Loren actively tours with the Breath of Life Quartet. He enjoys traveling, reading, watching good movies, occasionally impressing his kids with his Jeopardy! skills, and playing sports. He also enjoys watching the New York Yankees, Washington Redskins, Tennessee Titans and Maryland Terrapins.