Marshall T. “Marty” Cook concentrates his practice in the area of small business law, commercial litigation, employment litigation and premises liability litigation. He represents clients in all aspects of litigation, arbitration and mediation. Marty works in the firm’s Sumner County office.
His commercial litigation practice ranges from representation of companies and individuals in contract and business disputes to defense of product manufacturers in product liability litigation. In the employment law context, Marty has experience enforcing non-compete contracts for employers and defending employers against claims of discrimination. In the product liability context, he has represented the manufacturers of all-terrain vehicles and conveyor belt systems.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- AV© Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as a "Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment," 2013, The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel
- Nashville Bar Association
- Sumner County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law ("TBALL") Class Member
- Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce, Legal Counsel
- Hendersonville Rotary Foundation: Board Member
- United Way of Sumner County: Former Board Member
- COMPASS: Founding Board Member
- Leadership Middle Tennessee: Graduate and Former Board Member
- Leadership Sumner: Graduate
- Sumner Teen Center: Former Board Member
- Marty is a speaker in the Hendersonville community.
- Avoiding Legal Hazards in the Construction Industry, AMC Safety Consultants, March 2018.
A native of Hendersonville, Tennessee, Marty is actively involved in the Sumner County community, serving on the boards of several local non-profits. He enjoys spending much of his free time with his family — wife, Jama, and two children, Carson and Campbell. Marty also enjoys biking, running, swimming, golf, hunting and riding ATVs.