In today’s competitive environment where the quality and price playing fields are increasingly level, trademarks are often the only way consumers differentiate one company from another. Consequently, trademarks play a critical role in driving new and repeat business. Paul Kruse helps clients of all kinds protect their trademarks with high quality, creative, and comprehensive services, including trademark clearance, registration and policing – all at a predictable cost. Paul has created the CoreFour Trademark Vigilance Program for small business owners, entrepreneurs, musicians, and artists. In addition to trademark prosecution, enforcement and litigation support, Paul handles copyright, right of publicity and domain name matters that touch on trademark law.
Professional Recognition and Activities
Paul is a member of the Intellectual Property Section of the Tennessee Bar Association, having acted as Chair on more than one occasion.
- IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Copyright Law and Trademark Law, Best Lawyers, 2006 to present
- Trademark Lawyer of the Year in Nashville, Best Lawyers, 2012
- Nashville Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
Paul is a charter member of the advisory board of the Battle Ground Academy Entrepreneurial Leadership Program. The program equips students with skills and mindsets to creatively solve real-world problems through hands-on active learning. Entrepreneurial Leadership is about creating a critical thinking toolbox that empowers students in the classroom, the college lecture hall, and in their future careers.
- Paul is a supporter of trademark education at Vanderbilt Law School and Belmont Law School, having made a number of trademark related presentations at both schools.
- “Is Profiting from the Online Use of Another’s Property Unjust? The Use of Brand Names as Paid Search Keywords,” IDEA: The IP Law Review, Vol. 53, p.131
- “Should I Register My Trademark?”, "On Point", Bone McAllester Norton
Paul is a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a law partner, a trademark attorney, and a cancer survivor in that order.