Robert “Rob” Pinson concentrates his practice in the field of alcoholic beverage law, with an emphasis on the manufacturing tier. Rob represents numerous distilleries, wineries and breweries across the United States. He also represents clients in business law, tax law, estate planning and campaign finance law.
Rob offers an impressive track record when it comes to navigating the complexities of the alcoholic beverage laws as well as state and federal taxes. Before joining Bone McAllester Norton, he was an associate at Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Formed the Tennessee Distillers’ Guild
- Assisted in formation of the new Tennessee Whiskey Trail
- Represented distillery with international distribution in acquisition by private equity fund and coordinated national licensing effort as a result of the acquisition
- Assisted with obtaining licenses for more than two-thirds of distilleries in Tennessee
- Licensed numerous distilleries, breweries and wineries in New York, California, Arkansas and Louisiana
- Assisted with obtaining wine licenses for national grocery stores chains in Tennessee
- Assisted several national restaurant chains with Tennessee licensing due to changes of ownership
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- YMCA Center for Civic Engagement
- “Legal Pitfalls of Operating a Vineyard, Distillery and Brewery in the 20th Century,” seminar sponsored by Tennessee Bar Association
- “Restaurant CLE,” Seminar sponsored by Tennessee Bar Association
- “Licensing and Compliance,” Seminar sponsored by Distilled Spirits Epicenter
- “Election Law In Tennessee,” Seminar sponsored by Lorman
- “Advanced Tax Issues for LLCs,” Teleseminar sponsored by NBI
- “The Ethical Campaign : Maintaining Ethics and Professionalism in Electioneering,” seminar sponsored by Tennessee Bar Association
Rob was born and raised in Nashville and now lives in Franklin with his wife, Megan, and sons, Clay and Henry. Rob spends most of his spare time with his children and helping around the house. He enjoys exercising so he finds a little time for boxing. He also likes to attend concerts with his wife. After a hard day of obtaining liquor licenses and beer permits for clients, Rob goes home to serve as a punching bag for his two boys.