Shea focuses his legal practice on business litigation. He has experience in multiple practice areas, including trade secrets, products liability, class actions, and appellate practice. His interest in business transactions provides him with critical knowledge on matters related to business litigation for his clients.
Shea graduated from Cornell University where he earned Dean’s List honors all eight semesters. He then graduated second in his class from the Ave Maria School of Law where he was chosen as the student commencement speaker and a member of the law review.
- Successfully litigated federal jury trial regarding copyright infringement involving an architecture design.
- Litigated several breaches of contract matters between companies.
- Represents capital investment company in ongoing litigation regarding real estate loan.
- Successfully negotiated a products liability settlement with a fortune 500 company regarding a faulty home appliance.
Class Action Litigation
- Ongoing defense of company in federal court in putative class action alleging consumer protection violations.
- Litigated several class action cases on behalf of businesses.
- Litigated trade secret matters involving company and former employee.
- Litigated several appeals cases.
Professional Recognition and Activities
After law school, Shea was invited to and accepted a post-graduate term at the Holy See Mission to the United Nations in New York City. On behalf of the Holy See, Shea attended U.N. Security Council meetings that focused on global conflicts and the First Committee on Disarmament and International Security. He also spoke on behalf of the Holy See at a gathering on the importance of educating children.
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
Shea is active in the Nashville community through Holy Family Catholic Church.
Shea was raised in a great family in Commerce Twp., Michigan, which is in metro Detroit. Outside of the office, Shea is a longtime wrestler, enjoys sports and music, and is active in his church.