The Best Lawyers In America list for 2014 includes attorneys covering all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and inclusion in this year’s publication is based on more than 4.3 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be included on the list.
Attorneys who make the list of “Lawyer of the Year” are selected based on peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
Ed Yarbrough was awarded the “Lawyer of the Year” for Nashville Criminal Defense: White-Collar. He was named to the Best Lawyers in America 2014 list for the categories of Criminal Defense Non-White-Collar and Criminal Defense White Collar and DWI/DUI Defense. Ed Yarbrough is a former United States Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee appointed by President George W. Bush. He practices Criminal Defense and Government Investigations, Personal Injury Law and Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Anne C. Martin was recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year” in Nashville for her work in Litigation, Labor and Employment. She was selected for the Best Lawyers in America 2014 list for Employment Law and Litigation Law, Labor and Employment. Ms. Martin is a commercial litigation and employment lawyer, representing both employers and employees. She has been widely published in the areas of employment law and has served as a guest lecturer at the Belmont University Center for Entrepreneurship.
John P. Branham, a civil trial lawyer whose practice focuses on business litigation and plaintiff’s personal injury litigation, was given the “Lawyer of the Year” Nashville award for his service in Personal Injury Litigation/Plaintiffs. He made the Best Lawyers in America 2014 list for Personal Injury Litigation Law. In addition to his practice, Mr. Branham has conducted numerous CLE programs, including for the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Nashville School of Law, the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, PESI and the National Business Institute.
Additional Bone McAllester Norton attorneys who made the Best Lawyers in America 2014 list include:
- • Trace Blankenship was selected for the list in the category of Banking and Finance Law. Mr. Blankenship advises chief executives, boards of directors and entrepreneurs on strategy, execution and legal requirements of significant business transactions and ownership decisions.
- • Charles W. Bone, founder and chairman of Bone McAllester Norton PLLC, serves as a classic “Trusted Adviser” to clients seeking advice on corporate and litigation issues. He was named to the list for Administrative/Regulatory Law.
- • Charles Robert Bone also made the list for Administrative/Regulatory Law. His expertise is in the areas of transactions, corporate governance and advising governmental entities, officers and directors, small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- • Larry W. Bridgesmith was selected for Employment Law and Labor Law. Mr. Bridgesmith has more than 30 years of legal experience in dispute resolution and innovative workplace strategies.
- • William T. Cheek III is the only Tennessee attorney named Best Lawyers in America for Food and Beverage Law. He leads the firm’s Alcoholic Beverage Team and provides licensing and regulatory compliance advice. He also was named to the list for Non-Profit/Charities Law.
- • Paul W. Kruse, recognized in the categories of Copyright Law and Trademark Law, helps clients protect their trademarks with high quality, creative and comprehensive services, including trademark clearance, registration and policing.
- • Sam J. McAllester III practices in the areas of commercial lending, commercial loan documentation, the issuance of title insurance policies, bankruptcy and financial consultations. He was named to the list for Banking and Finance Law and Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
- • C. Michael Norton also made the list for Banking and Finance Law. Mr. Norton concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, municipal bonds, corporate, securities, regulatory and state and local tax.
- • Jack F. Stringham II, an attorney advising in commercial loan transactions, real estate, banking regulation, venture capital and business matters for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, was named to the list for Banking and Finance Law and Real Estate Law.
About Bone McAllester Norton PLLC
Bone McAllester Norton PLLC has 36 lawyers with offices in Nashville and in Sumner County, Tennessee. Our attorneys focus on 17 distinct practice areas, providing a wide range of legal services. We offer representation for commercial lending, commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions, litigation, intellectual property, entertainment and environmental matters, along with a full breadth of legal services ordinarily required by businesses and entrepreneurial individuals. For more information, visit http://www.bonelaw.com/.