Zack concentrates his practice in the areas of criminal defense, government investigations, criminal and civil appeals, victims’ rights, and general litigation and dispute resolution. In his criminal practice, he represents clients facing charges ranging from misdemeanors to serious felonies. In addition, he is also passionate about representing individuals injured by others, whether the injury is financial or the result of a violent crime.
Throughout his time at Vanderbilt Law School, Zack worked at Bone McAllester Norton alongside its criminal defense litigators, contributing to the firm’s defense of clients in multiple federal cases. While in law school, Zack also represented criminal defendants through the school’s criminal practice clinic. In one such case, Zack obtained the release of a client charged with multiple serious felonies.
- Represents non-profit organization under investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represents on appeal before the Tenth Circuit an individual convicted of providing false information related to the commission of a crime involving biological weapons.
- Represents multiple individuals in Tennessee state courts facing charges ranging from misdemeanors to serious felonies.
- Represents bank in multimillion dollar civil law suit brought by healthcare company.
- Represents on appeal before the Sixth Circuit a mortgage broker convicted of bank fraud related to origination of home loans.
- Represents car dealer on appeal before the Tennessee Court of Appeals.
- Represents multiple victims of sexual assault in actions against individuals and entities responsible.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Originally from Knoxville, Zack and his wife Laney and their dog Koda now call Nashville home. When not in the office he enjoys bass and fly fishing and is a big fan of the University of Tennessee.