Jack concentrates his practice on banks, businesses, and individuals in the areas of commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, litigation and dispute resolution.
Upon graduating law school, Jack clerked at the Federal Bankruptcy Court Middle District (AL) for the Hon. William R. Sawyer. Jack previously served as an intern in the civil rights and claims division of the Tennessee State Attorney General’s Office.
Commercial Lending and Creditors’ Rights
- Advise Board of Directors of Deleware LLC's going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Experience with determinations of bankruptcy court adjudicatory authority and its intersection with Article III judicial authority.
- Provide insights on effect of income contingent repayment plans on student loan dischargeability.
- Represents clients' interests in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented secured lender seeking relief from automatic stay.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Assist in gaining temporary restraining order against party infringing on a client's copyrights.
- Assist in discovery dispute where opposing counsel refused to produce relevant information.
- Defend client in a Clean Water Act citizens suit and state regulatory suit alleging violations of Federal and Tennessee water quality standards.
- Assisted clients in early termination of lease agreement.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Global Shapers Community Nashville: Member
- Lawyers Association for Women: Member
Jack is a fan of both college and professional football and basketball. He is an avid runner. In his spare time, he enjoys staying up on current affairs and reading histories and fiction. On an average Saturday, you can find him out running on the Greenbelt, grabbing a bite at one of his favorite local restaurants, and cheering on (or suffering with) his Ole Miss Rebels.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Law and Psychology Review Editorial Board, Lead Articles Editor
- Campbell Moot Court, Board Member
- Bruce Siegal Intellectual Property Moot Court Team, Appellate Advocate
- Bench and Bar Honor Society Member
- Constitutional Law Book Award
- Dean’s Discretionary Scholarship
- Student Bar Association Executive Committee, Secretary
- Healthcare Law Society, Member
- The University of Mississippi, magna cum laude, 2015
- Barksdale Honors College, Member
- Trent Lott Program, Member
- Holmes Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant
- Chancellor’s and Dean’s Honor Roll
- Honorable William R. Sawyer, Federal Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Alabama
- Tennessee, 2019
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2019
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2019
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2019
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2019
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2019
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2019
- Alabama, 2018
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2019
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2019