Our Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Elder Law and Probate lawyers create and implement tax-saving strategies that harmonize with non-tax priorities and values, such as asset protection, asset preservation and the centralized management of assets. Our estate planning lawyers assist in drafting wills and durable powers of attorney, establishing and administering trusts, creating lifetime gifting strategies and forming tax-minimization strategies that ensure the distribution of clients’ assets according to their wishes.
Our attorneys have experience in the following areas:
- Asset protection
- Charitable giving through the use of Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Private Foundations and Donor Advised Funds
- Federal estate tax planning strategies involving Family Limited Partnerships/LLCs
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts which include Tennessee Community Property Trusts, Tennessee Tenancy by the Entirety Trusts, Tennessee Investment Services Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts and Special Needs Trusts
- Living Wills
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Will contests
The lawyers at Bone McAllester Norton have substantial experience in probate matters and can guide personal representatives, family and friends of the deceased through this often difficult and emotional process. Our widely respected attorneys have decades of experience and have distinguished themselves as leaders in estate planning services, administration and litigation.